QUANTIFOIL® SiO2 Films
QUANTIFOIL® SiO2 films can be a useful alternative to amorphous carbon in certain applications. Silicon dioxide surfaces are extensively functionalizable, and SiO2 films have been used to :
- Optimize the physicochemical properties of the transmission electron microscopy supports, by modifying the SiO2 surface.
- Alter the experimental process: for example by directing the growth of a sample or by attaching a biomolecule to the SiO2 surface.
They are useful for research areas including:
- Growing cells in situ on grids for CLEM and cryo-FIB.
- The production of FIB lamallae
- Attaching biomolecules (for example DNA or microtubules) to the grid for controlled investigations
- Semiconductor material characterization
If you are interested in QUANTIFOIL® SiO2 films, contact us for more information.